30 May 2007

save again

yep, right, we have been not really save the last 2 weeks as we had an very special flatemate. he came when we were not in the appartment, took a shower, ate some of our food and left with some of our stuff. The first time, he was leaving with: Michael's computer, camera, money, 2 porcellan elefants (landlady's) and my basket shoes. Of course the police came. Two options: we declare that we lost those things and they give as a paper for the insurance. Or, they start an investigation, asking all people that have been to the appartment (incl. our friends), and we would be maybe not allowed to leave the country until the investigation is finished (half a year, never?). Great! You see, they do really their job. Explaination: its not good for them to have not solved cases... and we did not offer any money...
so we decided to do nothing than to change keys. This did not prevent our special flatemate to come and go. everytime we came home, something has been moved, was missing or used...

When I came home from Georgia, my window was broken, glasses all over. That was the moment, where I had enough and together with Michael we decided to move. In the evening we both left the appartment.

Tuesday, the landlady and local RTP staff went to see the appartment, but could not open the door as it was locked from inside!!! yep, our special flatemate was there! Roma went down outside to see if he could see anybody. After 5 minutes, the guy came outside and asked Roma what he was doing!!! Roma asked back and the guy said that he was living here! Roma asked him to open the door and our lovely flatemate said "ah its Elnura (landlady's name) that stands outside?"

of course he did not open the door and until they open the door, he had left through the backyard and the roofs of the neighbours houses...

I was just happy that we had no stuff left at that moment in the apartment...

True story!!!

So now I am living at Ella's place. 17th floor, one of those new building that grow out of nothing all over Baku. New place, lot saver and new corner of town. I enjoy my walks to the office in the morning. Streets I have not walked through before. Shops full of stuff where I have not bought anything yet,... The time before 9am, everywhere shops open, stuff is uploaded from cars and trucks, people walk to work, the days starts. I love this time, people are too busy and maybe too sleepy to realise that I am a foreigner and I can walk through the streets without being staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrt at and I can observe people getting ready for the day...

time to walk home now, with some kitchen stuff from the old appartment...

lol
m

No comments:

Website counter