04 June 2007

Free as a bird, but without any direction...

This days I am a little bit lost. Had an interview with RTP Zambia. Went ok, have not a 100% yes yet, but possible... and I think it is an interesting program. I would be a "Capacatiy builder" for the whole team, travelling to the different locations within the capital (target group: very poor children) and to the regions (target group: refugee children from Congo).

Africa? Yep! Asia will still be around in a year! What matters: that I do something I realy want to do (facilitating workshops, working with people in the field of education). Or? Africa??? No!!! I am not sure. Geneva would be nice too. Going home, instead of another year in the field??!!

Zambia? What do you know about this country? I just discovered its existance to be honest...

"Zambia is a landlocked country in Southern Africa, bordered by eight countries, many of which have turbulent histories or are currently unstable. Although politically stable itself, Zambia is one of the world's most indebted countries. Zambia was rated 166th (out of 177 countries) on the Human Development Index.
Three-quarters of Zambia's populatioon lives below the World Bank poverty threshold of 1 Dollar a day. Some 85% of Zambias work the country's relatively infertile soil as subsistence farmes and commercial agriculture is mostly confined to a small number of large farms. Moreover, AIDS is blamed for decreasing the number of Zambian professionals and malaria remains a major problem. 20% of the adult population lives with AIDS, which affectws one in four adults in cities according to UNAIDS. [...] The disease has orphaned approximately 710000 children."
http://www.righttoplay.com/site/PageServer?pagename=Project_Countries


Can somebody take me in his/her arms and tell me that everything is and will be fine?

miss you
m

No comments:

Website counter