hi, first of all thanks to those who left some comments. Its great to get some feedback and news from you. Thanks!
Two days ago, I was talking to one of our volunteers (coaches). He is a football coach of a girl team. I asked this and that, just wanted to know a little bit more. One of his answers has so much amazed me (in addition it tells a lot about Zambia) that I would like to share it with you:
The team trains nearly every day and the kids come by foot (of course how else?). Some of them walk 3 hours! 3 hours to come and play football and than they walk 3 hours back home! Wow! What a motivation! Last weekend there was a camp for the girls. Another organisation had organised a camp for girls and woman (goal sisters!) and everybody was very excited. According to the coach, they are very much motivated by tournements and the possibilities to join camps. Maybe its just me, but I am very impressed about those 6 hours walk a day!
yep, back to work
lots of love
Mir
27 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Makes my 20 minute walk to work pathetic.
Post a Comment