
After many weeks in the office, I finally got out to the field again. Charged my batteries in Chikumbi. 45 minutes from Lusaka (30minutes mud road), somewhere in the middle of nowhere. However, the volunteers there are very motivated... and thoses kids!

Linda, our Communication Coordinator came also. Kelvin as usual gave information on the program in Chikumbi and on Chikumbi in general.



Playing

Streching

Discussion

and than back to the community center (behind the car) where the equipment is stored

lots of fun with the camera. Teacher, teacher, teacher,.... thats all I understood, but somehow it was more important to be there for them. Lots of laughs when I tried to say a few words in Njanja. Even my "sikomo" was wrong. I say "s" but its a "s" (sorry, dont know the difference until today!)

They did not want Kelvin to come with us. Teacher teacher, please dont go, please stay with us (Kelvin was so kind to translate)

On the way to another school

class room

again the camera and its effects

second class room (3m to 3m max!!!)

one of the two school buildings from outside

village on the way back to Lusaka

we decided to take a different road. The car had to be pulled out with the help of a truck exactly here in January (costs: 400'000Zkm = 100$!!!)

No comments:
Post a Comment