Hey, here some news from Zambia. The President died yesterday and the nation is morrning for 7 days. Gospal non-stop at TV and lots of discussion everywhere. Its not sure were Zambia is going. Not sure who is coming in as the next President. The President here in Zambia has a very strong role and it might be very much the case that economy is colapsing (again). Zambians fear the change very much. The country has just picked up and got out of the worst... so lots of unsecurity and fears. I dont know what to expect, and it is anyway difficult for me to understand that the country depends on 1 person. Did I write about "follow follow the leader" song?
Anyway, we will see soon. In the meantime I have also some good news: I got a job! Consultancy for 6 month. A position with Computers for Zambian Schools (CFZS) in advisory capacity and with official job title "Programme Management - Advisor". Doesnt sound bad!! The main duties will be to assess the status of CFZS, keep it moving forward, oversee the staff and the finances, and report back on options for sustainability and eventual 'Zambianisation' of the management position. http://www.cfas.org.uk/zambia.asp or http://www.cfzs.org.zm/
Only hick, it is a small NGO (with me as a head in Zambia for 6 month) and they cant pay nice salaries... but its just enough that I can survive, pay the rent and...just no money for tickets back and forward during that time. Well, lets hope that I will find a job with a BIGHUGHMONSTER salary in the coming 6-7 months... so that I can go "Swiss-home" more often than at the moment.
hope to see all of you in September, because the new job has not changed my travel details... Big hug and see you soon!
m
19 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS MIRIAM!!!!! Excellent. I am sooo happy for you. Hugs and love Ella
Post a Comment