22 September 2006

some jumping thoughs

hey!!!

You know what?! I am in Azerbaijan! Wow, what the f... I am doing here and why I am soooooo stressed? haha, I put so much pressure on myself that I forget sometimes to enjoy the strange interesting crazy moments I have here. Yes, I miss a lot of things here (you my friends!) but at the same time I realize that I am realizing right now a lot of my wishes/dreams. Working in the field of education and development, field experience, working in a team, working for and with people, spending most of time outside (and not inside an office), doing lots of sport, traveling, learning a (well two) new language(s),... I always wanted to go to a place of the former Soviet Union and I always was interested in anything that has to do with Asia. Azerbaijan is both and more... furthermore I have not decided yet if I wish to live on the countryside or in town. Here in Azerbaijan I have both. During the week we are in Imishli and so far on the weekend we head back to Baku...

jump!

Sometimes it is difficult to not see in every thing as a possible objective for my camera. I behave like a fat rich tourist that is for the first time in a developing country. Brrr, I hate that! And when I observe myself being a fat rich tourist the old trucks that look like in a movie about the cold war become just dusty old rotten trucks, women with red headscarves working on the cotton field, just poor exploited workers, a boy sitting on a carriage behind a donkey, just a dirty boy that has to work but should be in school, the very serious looking bride, just a girl that could not choice her husband and is afraid of her future,…
Its difficult for me to have a good balance between extremes. however, not enjoying the intensity of being here a 100% and just pretending that today is just another normal working day, is as well an option that I do not realy like.

jump!

Living a 100%, doing things 100% is sometimes as well a little bit confusing. Reading your emails make my brain jump out of Azerbaijan to wherever you are or what every your email is about. It makes me travel. Today I have been in hiking, horse ridding, canoing, surviving, hunting, shoping (indien stuff)… in the wild nature of Canada and in the US. Than I went to New York, said hello to the heads of many countries and had nice beer in a great bar with terasse. Geneva is very nice this days. Sunny, new bar of a friend where we all meet in the evening, sitting outside in the street when there are too many people in the bar. Than I made a jump to Thailand, today’s news and lots of pictures and emotions from my trip in spring. An Email brought me back to Swizerland. First I went to Zuerich and than back to Geneva, to the apartment in the rue des grottes, my room and stuff and most of all to my “colloqs” and “voisins” and back to the lake of Geneva, where I forgot my heart when packing my bags for Azerbaijan.
Moreover all this made my thinking about how far and how close at the same time my friends are. Einstein is quite right with his theory. Distance and time is relative (or not existing). However, I still have some troubles in handling this knowledge in everyday’s life. My mind gets a little bit confused, a little bit lost. Not sure if our brain is made for a world without time and space.

jump!

Have to go and take a shower (great normal shower here in Baku, with warm water and a proper clean bathroom, wow!) and get ready for tonight’s program…

jump!

Hope you are fine, lots of love
M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

c'est toujours un plaisir immense et très touchant de te lire! c'est presque comme si t'étais à portée de main... je t'embrasse très très fort. AC

Website counter