good evening!
tired of sitting in front of my computer, but just want to say hello... hope you are all fine.
Here weather has changed. Yesterday a t-shirt was enough, today I came home frozen (2 shirt and one pullover!!!).
Long week behind us, with lots of meetings and events. Great, but I am happy to have 3 days off (compensating). Well actually I was writing a report today. so much about having a day off ;)
The highlights of last week:
- Meetings with the director of World Food Program in Baku and with the Sub-office in Imishli. Will will have lots of cooperation! wow!
- Workshops with teachers in the IDP settlements in Beylagan. More than 50 people and things went well. I made them even playing a game!!! It s called "cross the river". Objective of the game is to bring all members of the team over the "river" (certain distance.)Each team gets only a limited number of papers, on which they can stand. will put some pictures online the coming days... lots of fun... hope they sign up for the next workshop!
- we have finally a local female project coordinator, she started today officialy, but came allready to our Play Day on Saturday. jupiiii!
- Play Day in Bilasuvar: more than 450 kids playing and many more people coming, watching and enjoying side activites. great!
- USA Marins birthday ball. Very expensive, bad food and not enough to drink. Well, it was interesting and I had some nice conversation with people from the policy department of the embassy. hey, I was the only not-american at the table...
anyway, afterwards we went to Keyclub (as usual) and meet some other people. We danced a lot and for once the billiard table was free. Felt nearly like home. And I learned some new russian words...
- World Run Day for ending child hunger in Baku. We collected more than 3200 USD in 2h. The money goes to a project coimplemented by WFP and RTP. amazing!
ok, enough, tomorrow is another day...
kisses
m
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment