Ali has his own apartment now. Once Brian is leaving, I have to make the decision: new roommate or new apartment. So some things have changed, but in general not a lot is happening at the moment. so no posts...
Weekends are very much looking as well the same as last year. Dinners, drinks, billiard, tequila jonction, key club, dancing, sleeping,... actually last weekend was a little bit different than expected. No key club! No dancing in any club, only some dancing in a living room and on Saturday I was convinced to go to Corner Bar.
Corner Bar??? First and hopefully the last time that I was at Corner Bar. Because there is no reason to go to Corner Bar. It is a place where they have live music, but there is no place to dance, no billiard table, Expat prices and 99% of people are work in some field related to petrol. --> 150 desperate oil guys and 10 women...Only good thing about that evening, I was told that on Sunday there is a hash-bus going out of Baku.
Out of Baku, great!!! I really was looking forward to see something else than buildings, cars, dust,... and walking was exactly the right thing after a weekend of lots food and drinks (and not a lot of dancing as there was a mourning going on). Therefore I forced myself out of the bed on Sunday, walked to the Carpet museum where we met and was looking forward to discover a new place out-side of Baku. When I was told that the bus trip was only 30min, my doubts started. To my knowledge there is not a lot of nature 30 minutes from center of Baku... hm... but who knows...
The walk was a little bit different than what I had expected... Nevertheless I enjoyed walking in the sun and chatting with some of the Hashers. In the 6 month in Azerbaijan I have learned to ignoring the strong smell of rubbish, which is burned at every corner ... here some of my pictures from the walk
And as everywhere in outside Baku, we saw some....
The day was full of sun, nearly no wind. Is that winter in Azerbaijan?? Or is spring arriving here as well too soon? Or??? Only in the end it got a little bit cold. Too many sins, virgins, beer, songs,...
Back in the bus, on the way to Baku, I was happy with the day. Was good to walk a little bit, was good to get out of Baku. In that sense it was not bad that I have been in Corner Bar on Saturday evening. So no regrets, but lesson learned. 1) There is no reason to go to Corner Bar 2) Its good to walk through rubbish, pipeline landscape and poor dusty parts of Baku. 3) In future I will check myself online where the Hashers meet on Sunday, in order that there is no reason to go to Corner Bar.
So much from here, what are the news there???
lots of love
mn
No comments:
Post a Comment