16 February 2007

beautiful Azerbaijan!!!

No, no I am not going to stay forever in Azerbaijan. But yes, in the meantime Claudia has convinced me. Azerbaijan can be beautiful. After Brian's Birthday and Farwell parties I needed to get out of Baku. Nature and if possible something else than flat Imishli. Paul, Claudia and Ella planed to camp in the mountains and lucky me there was place in the car. I am not really equiped to camp in February in the Caucasian mountains or for Ice Climping. My stuff is in Switzerland... however, getting out of Baku was more important than hightech equipment...

On the way we bough fresh bread in Quba. Soooo gooooood! Claudia and Paul had beside the bread brought tonnes of food. We would for sure not be hungry! Maybe just a little bit cold?


Shortly after Quba the road changed and we went up up up directly into the heard of the caucasian (at least it felt like that). The road became very quick a mud-path and at one point we got stucked. too much snow or a too heavy car. What ever the reason was, we had very happy that some young guys from the nearby village came to help us to get the car out... We decided to stay at the village where Murvat and his familly lives. Murvat is a guide who has done some tours with Paul and Claudia already. I was kind of happy not sleeping in a tent. I had a sleeping bag (thanks Susanne!!!) but was not sure if that would have been enough...

The two girls were very curieuse. As they do not speak Azeri in that small village but some local language communication was kind of funny. Both have started to learn Azeri at school and with the few words I know, I could explain and we could play "Schere, Stein, Papier" (professional disfunction???)

I dont know the name of "Schere, Stein, Papier" in English. In Lazha (thats the name of the small village) this game is called now "bir, iki, utsch" (1,2,3). If you ever happen to visit Lazha, dont miss to play "bir, iki, utsch"!

And maybe, if you are lucky as we were, you might be able to taste some fresh honey!!!

On Sunday finally: mountains, walking, fresh air, ice, snow, sun,... feeling alive!




Back in "civilisation"...

PS: in the background you can see the "bathroom". No comments please, or do you have a bathroom with such a great view????
Lots of love
M

No comments:

Website counter