"This blog does not allow anonymous comments", hm, how to write a comment than? oha! I have to sign in, hm, ok, let's try, hm message pops up, hm, why does this delete my comment now, hm, ok, I write a comment on my own blog, that is easier!
Yep, dear Helena, have read your new 2 posts and wanted to write a comment. But than... see above... Looks like you are working far too much!!!
A post about communication??? maybe because keeping in touch with my friends is so important to me, however, communication from Azerbaijan to where ever friends are is not allways easy. Sms are great, but as well a little bit too short. Its great for saying "hello!" and "hey, I m still alive and I have not forgot you" and "help, I am homesick, need some nice words from my friends" (which makes it sometimes worse, the homesickness). However, sms are limited.
Emails, are great, have replaced letters in my life. Little bit sad, as it is nice to have handwriting, pictures,... but emails are a lot more sure to arrive at the destination. at least here in Azerbaijan where letters stay for 10 days at the post office. I still do not know why.
Recently I received two letters! was an exciting moment. Well, the first letter was election stuff for some laws on "Genevas biggest problem" (housing). not that exiting, rather strange. The second letter was a nice card from Lito and Thorsten, with pictures of small sweet Lotta. Thanks so much!!
Checking my emails is the first thing I do when I come back from Imishli. It is more important than eating, taking a shower, going out,... its my connection to my life outside Azerbaijan, to my beloved once,... and to another reality than life in Azerbaijan. It helps me to keep in mind, that the world is not like Azerbaijan. It remains me the shock I had when I went "home" for Christmas and New Year. I was sooooo surprised to discover how easy shoping could be, how much stuff shops have, how big shops can be, how different people can look,... Getting news from you keeps me away from adapting 100%, getting married with an Azeri or with an old oilworker, accepting the political situation here, starting to believe that I will stay forever,.... But even more important, emails are full of news from you...
What else?
Phone calls, I love them. Suddently a person that is 1000s of km far away, is just "next door". For me it's like a proof of the relativeness of space! If only phone calls would not be that expensive... it is so nice to hear a voice; it tells so much more than just writen words and you can react imediatly and not days later.
Taking the plane and visit people? Yep, I am looking forward to meet you all again. Be it in August (Inshalla!!!) or at the next work-location where ever that is (Inshalla in Cambodia!). There is nothing such as sitting in a bar, cafe, restaurant, bench,... and just talk!
A post on communication as well because communication is not always easy here.
In the office it is close to catastrophy-mis-communication. Why is it so difficult to be transperant and to have two way communications??? Makes me sooooooo tired and frustated!
In the streets, I get along pretty well with my 50 words in Azeri-Russian-mix. Only when I have to argue, complain, defend myself I lack words. Especially in the morning at the backery it's a fight every day. One day I can make sure that I pay the right amount, the next day I just give up (too tired) and I m not going back for a few days. However, once I am not angry anymore, I try again. It s the only backery on the way (2 blocks) to the office...
With my landlady in Imishli: speaking about emotions, familly,... we manage all in Azeri, Russian and 10 words English/German. But when it comes to money and cultural differences (me being seen as her daughter and therefore not having my privat space...) than its more difficult...
oh, Michael just came in, have to give over the place at the computer... and I m off for Imishli.
hear, read,... you on Friday again
lots of love
m
15 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sorry sweetie, new to this i had not checked the right case - now anyone can leave a comment - so please do!!!!
was good talking to you yesterday! have a good time in ismil and talk to you soon. puss
Post a Comment