09 May 2007

Hash Trash Run 253

hey!

Just have no time to write. what's that??? That's not healthy!!! Stucked in work, stucked in Imishli and answering emails, once I m back from the middle of nowhere, where we have one workshop after another. Lots of time and energy goes as well to solving the question "what next?" Indonesia and Liberia are not on the Map anymore. I wrote an application for a RTP position in Cambodia. Will try to send it out today, before I leave again for Imishli. Yep, I am in Baku. I took off two days to do some of my privat stuff. Today is a holiday. Result: I spend all 3 days in the office until late...

Everytime, I am sitting for 3-4 hours in the car to Imishli or back to Baku, I have ideas and things I would like to write to you. But once I am in Baku, I do not have time, or the ideas disappeared, or I do not have my notebook with me where I wrote down things in the car. Now that I would have some time, I am too tired and I do not have with me some of the pictures I would like to share with you.

Had to write the "report" of last Sundays walk with the Hashers. Got appointed... Do not know if it makes sense to an non-hasher, but at least it gives you an idea, how I spend my Sundays here from time to time. Hash Trash is distributed always a week after the Run actually took place at the next run. With other words you get it before the Baku Hashers! well, I m actually not sure if that is really a cool. whatever... here you go...


Write Up from RUN # 353, 06 May 2007
HASH HEADLINE: TSTBF - Toweless Geburtstaglauf - 1577883600sek
Hares: Toweless, Blade Runner and there was a third yellow t-shirt ???
Scribe: Fireballs

An oily German Birthday Hash


A bus stuffed with Hashers left Baku on Sunday, May 6, with a few minutes of delay, leaving behind those who did not wake up at time, those who were afraid that the Hash could be longer than RUN #352 and some people who just lost their mobile phone. In the bus the Hashers got some insight in German culture while learning a cover song of Marmor, Stein und Eisen bricht, distributed by the BAHHH song master Kurt the Ripper. For those who would like to sing again this wonderful song:

“Weine nicht wenn du fünzig wirst, dam dam, dam dam.
Wir sind hier und wir sagen Dir, dam dam, dam dam.
Rheuma, Zucker und auch Gicht, ja das wünschen wir Dir nicht,
Gesundheit, Glück und noch viel Freud’, wünschen wir Dir heut.”

The bus stopped in front of the Suraxanı Ateshgah, where 3 Hashers in yellow T-shirts expected the crowed. After short explanation and some warnings (the Hares warned us about off-trail checks, but what about being carefully and not losing shoes?) runners and walkers left in different directions. The walkers trail went strait into and through an old oil field. However everybody found something to their taste. Teletubby enjoyed the fresh air “There is nothing better than the smell of petrol”. Treesy Rider found a beautiful plastic swan for the decoration of her apartment (or?). Many of the Hashers (for once not me!) took pictures of jarring old pumps, rusty-oily puddle and fluttering laundry in between houses and drilling derricks. Two Sheds enjoyed the hospitality of locals, always ready to help out some Expats of a mud-petrol-rubbish shoe traps with a shovel. So much, about short cuts and finding reasons for not walking but taking the car to the ON IN!

From the runner trail I do not have a lot of information. It seems that some people got nearly lost, but found their way thanks to some yellow t-shirts. Very practical! Can we have a new rule that Hares have to wear yellow t-shirts? Anything else, Austine Powers, I should mention here?

The ON IN was in at a castle. The Hares were screaming ON IN from the wall, you could not miss it! For those however who missed the run or missed having more information about the castle, let me quote Mark Elliott: “Ringed with sturdy crenellated outer walls, Ramana’s castle tower is the most impressive on the Absheron. It sits on a rocky out-crop, panoramically surveying a vast expanse of photogenically-ugly oil pools and old derrick. […] Sources vary as to the age of both the tower […]; perhaps 11-12th, perhaps 16-17th century…” Very helpful, thanks Mark Elliott.

The down down circle could take place in the wind protected courtyard, after some very smart Hashers had closed the castles door. As usual nobody beside the Hares liked the run. Two Sheds got a beer for finding a reason not finishing the Run. Mislexic nice fisher hut reminded us RUN #352 at the beach. Homeless enjoyed courting the returnees and the 6 Virgins and found out that French is the comment languages of Spanish and Italian People. Worst moment of the down down circle was of course when the Germans started singing again. Well, 60 years (or was it more?) is a good reason to suffer a little bit and to celebrate and congratulate Toweless. The now very old man received suitable and cultural sensitive hut and new shoes. In short: “TSTBF”!

Some Hashes got awards for wandering around and getting lost in Baku and surroundings on regular bases. Far ahead of the award-winning-crowd our Grandmastress, Teletubby. She has set a new BAHHH record with 150 Runs! All fans received teletubby patches and everybody was very happy. Well, not exactly. Outside of the circle was self-named Million-Turgrik-Manat-Baby sitting on a stone. Unusual silent, was the run again to long? Fit and proper to the old walls of the castle, our grandmaster gave Million-Turgrik-Manat-Baby the BAHHH knightly accolades and promoted her to the title of Bitching Beavers. The Hasher thanked Bridgett for offering additional entertainments on Runs with the name Blind Stripper.

RUN # 253 ended at the fortress of Baku, where we had a great German Birthday feast in one of the towers. Many thanks Toweless for the party and the wonderful yellow t-shirts!

ON ON
Fireballs

No comments:

Website counter