Pfff, that doesn't make really sense here (BTW, does it make sense back home???) Nevertheless, I probably will meet some Swiss folk this evening in Paul's restaurant. Got an invitation. The plan is to meet and have a "typical Swiss meal". Hurray! Paul's is a place that looks like a beer garden and that has as well a "chalet" (place to sit inside in winter). Yep! And for occasions like today, they put Swiss flags and other crap as decoration. My definition of "absurd"! But well, after tonnes of kebab, pub finger food and (exceptionally) home cooked food a typical Swiss dinner can be a good change. Will see...
Maybe I should stick to the "local" food as I will have very soon the occasion to eat tonnes of Swiss food. Oh, I am looking sooooo much forward to eat good cheese and chocolate. And most important: good wine (too bad or/and too expensive here!) Are my favorite places in Geneva all closed in August??? I hope not! Summer break should be over mid-August, or?? "Ole-ole" for example, I have dreamed many times of having such places here... and the beloved Bain des Paquis... and oh, will have such a good time meeting many of my friends in Switzerland...
11 days left in Azerbaijan... I am looking so much forward to travel back to Switzerland, but I still have troubles to imagine that I will not come back to Azerbaijan. Leaving my live/friends here is not really a thing I want to do. yes, I had bad times here, but I had great times here as well.Work was difficult, but nevertheless it is difficult to let go (ownership???)... there are so many things now in the "pipeline", so many things still to do, so many possibilities of cooperation and future projects (just had yesterday a great meeting, so inspiring. Thx Taher!) A new upcoming project and and and...
People: I am not going to miss all those bloody, stupid, ugly, rassist Oil-workers! However, the few lovely people (even if its a minority in AZ) I met, I will miss them so much. Azerbaijan - Switzerland - Zambia, where I am going to meet them again?? And even, if we keep in touch, it will not be the same. Writing emails and playing billiard (i.e.) is not really comparable. Oh, I just don't want to think about!!
Weather: AZ is for sure not my favorite place when it comes to weather! Winter too cold and too long! and now its gets too hot. Yep, you just read TOO hot. yep, its too hot during the day now! I love hot weather and normally I always complain because its too cold. But now its getting really hot here. Very humid and no AC in our office! How to work in such a heat? Slowly, because too much of activity is just not possible. Baku in summer, this means as well watching where you walk! You allways have to be carefully while walking through Baku (or you might fall into a hole...) but now in addition you have water dropping from ACs (beurggg!!!!) Good side of the hot weater, it is really nice to sit outside in the evening and most important: its not cold anymore! I just have to be careful when I come home. Ella loves the AC (she lived too long in the US!) and its always too cold for me ;) Would be crazy to catch a cold when its 37'C and more (well, it happened to me in Cambodia!!)
And for those that still can't believe that Azerbaijan is beautiful, have a look at Claudia's picture (from the trip to Shah Dagh, which I planed to do, but than canceled...). Thanks Claudia!!
So 11 days to go... what I am going to do? Still a lot of work and meeting as much with friends here as possible... so The coming days:
Today: Monthly Report and preparing workshop for Saturday
Thursday: End of Placement Report
Friday: End of Placement Report and "goodbye party" in the evening
Saturday: Workshop (new experience: facilitating a workshop with an hangover?)
Sunday: Hash, Beach, BBQ
Monday&Tuesday: finalizing End of Placement Report (inshalla!!)
Wednesday: Training for the local project coordinators and hand over
Thursday: hm, cleaning up my office and packing
Friday: parting in the evening in Geneva. Any ideas??? Are you around?
wait a minute that are 10 days! help! no! hurray! oh, no,....
lots of love
m
No comments:
Post a Comment