07 August 2007

sooooo sad! 2 days left

Sooooooo sad. Just said goodbye to lovely Madat, the local project coordinator I worked with in Imishli. He is just a sweet guy, so motivated and always ready to try something new and to get something organized. I have learned a lot from him and would have been completely lost and useless in the rural region without him. I am very happy that a peace corps volunteer is going to work with him. That means he is not alone out there and it will support him as well within RTP Azerbaijan. I hate to saying goodbye, it breaks my heart each time. I will miss him a lot. If you ever come to Azerbaijan you have to meet with him and his family!

Thanks soooo much Madat. I hope (inshalla) we meet some day again! Take care and best wishes for your family!

Yep, this days I am often sad. Wrapping up at work (i.e. end of placement report), packing and saying goodbye, it is just not my favorite activities. On Friday, on the way to my "see you soon again" Party, I realized that I am leaving Azerbaijan for real. I started saying a sentence with "This is my last Friday evening in Baku..." when I realized that it was true. Ella and I changed the issue fast, but since I am aware of it. I am leaving Azerbaijan in a very few days.

The "see you soon" Party was nice. People came and left and others came. Forest was for once packed. Ella and Claudia had prepared a surprise ignoring my interdiction. A movie with lots of pictures from the year and beautiful music - of course I could not keep back my tears. Pictures in the end were about Zambia: Lions, Elephants and beautiful landscape. Together with a cake (in quite surprising shape) it helped me to smile again. Thanks so much - I don't know how I can thank you for all your love.

Well, the tears stayed at the surface and when I had to say bye to Sabina, we both cracked...

Was a nice evening, we played billiard until everybody had left, made some pictures and went home around 4am...

At 10am on Saturday, I was picked up by Naila and her driver for the workshop at AZ-SUN facilities. With Elnur together we facilitated a workshop for a little bit more than 20 participants. Principles, teachers and community volunteers from two IPD schools, staff members of Cross Caspian who are coordinating the follow up of the project and Naila and Tahir, responsible for making the workshop possible. Even though, participants were very heterogeneous, everybody played the games and the workshop went fine... (I forgot for most of the time how tired I was!)
















It was my last workshop in Azerbaijan. It was great to see Elnur one more time in action. I really have a good feeling in giving over to him and Madat. They are both very motivated and both stand fully behind the principles and ideas of RTP.

Thanks Elnur for the last weeks (I was mainly working with him in Baku). Thanks for sharing your concerns and thoughts. Thanks for coming with me to all those "networking"-meetings and for jumping on the "networking"-train. RTP is very lucky to have you on board. Don't let anybody take your motivation! And don't forget: our work is about playing (having fun!) and learning! That helps to forget all the "office-obstacles"... ;)





















another traditional group picture made in the end of the workshop:































Time as well to say goodbye to Tahir. I feel very lucky that I meet him, wish we would have more time to exchange ideas and thoughts though. Thanks Tahir for your kindness! I promise (to try) to stop running at least for an hour a day! :)

Sunday: my last Hash with BAHHH. After waiting 45 minutes for the bus (broke down) we drove an 1hour, direction Amburan.

Nice not too long walk, that ended at the beach where a BBQ was waiting for us!!!






































































































The beach could not be more typical Azerbaijan! :)
I loved it!!! Each family came with her Lada, stopped the car 1 meter from the water, had picnic,...
















We went swimming as well. After a Hash in Azerbaijan-Summer: the water was very refreshing and sooooo nice (you just have ignore the fact that you are swimming in high polluted water).

s soon the water got deeper, and we happy because finally we could start swimming, the "beach guards" came with their boat and asked us to stay within the "not very deep zone". No there is no other reason (Beluga sharks???) than that most people in Azerbaijan can not swim and therefore people (incl. expats) are not alowed to leave the save "swimming" zone...

We tried to do the "cercle up" as well in the water, but noise and waterfights undermined the outcoming a little bit...
















BBQ was just awesome! Thanks soooooooooooooo much!
































At home we had two Peace Corps Volunteers enjoying Ella's AC equiped flat. Ricki had a small cat with her...
















On Monday, Carlo picked up Jenny. Together with others they went to Budapest for (their first) music festival. So exitet. I hope -actually I am sure- they will have a great time! Hey Carlo, was happy to see you before I leave AZ. Wish you good luck with the new PCV in Beylagan :) and a good second year. Keep in touch and see you soon in Geneva!!!
















Tuesday evening: we managed to get some people together. We did not play the last weeks as Jason was offshore and Jeremy too busy. So everybody was very happy to play (and therefore instead of 6 we were 12). Was great! I played grap and it was very hot, but I am very happy that we managed to play again. Elnur join us as well. Finally, in my last week in AZ, we managed to play bball together!
:)
































So much about the last days. Now only 2 days are left. I am half ready, half in panic, half packed, half finished my End of placement report, half cleaned up my desk at the office,... 150% a mixture of emotions! Friday evening I am going out in Geneva. Fete de Geneva. I am expecting a big shock! so many people, so much stands, lights, food,.....

I don't think that I will miss Tequila Jonction and Corner Bar, but I for sure my friends from Azerbaijan I am used to hang out on Fridays...

Now back to work...
Maybe this is my last post written from Baku..., next blog from Switzerland or Zambia... or?INSHALLA!
lots of love

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm gonna miss you, Mir. See you in Zambia

Website counter