Sunday evening, 22hours, I am at home, not tired yet, good time to write, but what?
Nothing special I could tell you. Just a normal nice weekend: Went out dancing on Friday with Doreen and her boyfriend. Place I have not been before. Lots of Congolese music, pretty fast. I danced a lot and with all kind of people. :)
Saturday, I was invited by Brandy to a BBQ at her place. Who is Brandy? Brandy is Ella's friend. They met in Mangolia and I met Ella in Azerbaijan... the world is small. Brandy and her husband live just around the block (20minutes walk though), in the street (sable road) parallel to mine (kudu road). Big garden, with swimming pool and tennis square. Beautiful buffet. It looked like they have put "half a cow" on the grill! Real american!?! Mainly expats, lots of drinks and dancing. Was fun.
Later we went to another party. Same street, 31 instead 23. We took the car (Lusaka!!!) ! It was the 40th birthday party of somebody. The garden was coverd by a big tent and there were tables for at least 100 people. Music was terrible (slow stuff, undancable) and people starring at us. We too young, to much smiling, to happy,... Was a strange clash. Expats meet white rich Zambians. One group happy (and ok a little bit drunk) and the others a little bit too serious (old?) for a party. Anyway, was interesting.
As there was not a lot of dancing, I went with Themba and Matutu to Alpha bar. Now, I was the minority. Different worlds. Some dancing, but actually I was too tired (too much dancing on Friday).
Today, easy going. Lunch: Nshima, T-bone and some thai-vegetable. That's what happends when a Zambian and a Swiss are cooking together. Did not really fit, but was good. Quite afternoon with gardening. I hope that in a few weeks the wall is hiden partly behind some high "mais" plants. Have started to grow some stuff on my window. The snails are just too big, too fast, too hungry,... nothing smalls survives... so, I have now Basilic, watermelons, flowers, aubergine,... on the kitchen window. I am watching everday how things are growing. Weather is just ideal. lots of rain and warm...
Dinner at the Chinese restaurant, outside. Nearly no people. Everybody was propably watching the final of the African Cup. I think, Egypt won...So much from this normal weekend. I am in Africa? Yep, so what? Nothing special I could write about. Just a normal weekend. Meeting with friends, going out, eating, relaxing,... a typical zambian middle class life.
Wish you a great start into a new week! Lots of love from this side of the planete!
m
10 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hello miss kinitry, what has happened to you??? I miss your updates, it has almost been a month since the last one - so can we have some more soon?? please!! ;)
Post a Comment