hi, just finished reading a book: the eye of the leopard (Das Auge des Leoparden), by Henning Mankell. I am happy that Sambia has changed (to some extent), I would not have felt home here, the way I do now, 10 years back. Walking around with a revolver, being afraid of traveling because of bandits,... I am too unsecure for this kind of life. However, I am not sure if the white farmers are sleeping better (than 10 or 20 years ago) and if their fears and views have changed in any way. White and black lives in most cases still in very different worlds... and farms probably are still close to colonials conditions. But Zambia is more secure, less scary as 10 years ago. Its a very peacefull place, especially if you take the existing poverty into account. I believe that nowhere else in the world a country would be so peaceful while the people at power are stealing so obviously while 60% of the population has a 1$ or less a day. Zambia is not poor, it is mismanaged.
big hug and love to all of you
m
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment