07 June 2009

days ahead

hi again,

i will be in the coming days in Mongu. Driving 7 hours tomorrow, from Lusaka going ouest, more or less straight for 7 hours! you should see that road. it is straight. Lucky me the road crosses Kafue National Park (size: 50% of Switzerland). I will have a game drive for 2 hours, the time it needs to cross the park from east to ouest. South to North would be a lot longer... I will rest at lunch time at Mukambi lodge, watch Kafue river and enjoy a expensive meal... I hope to see some game. I am a little bit scared of the Elephants. So far it was never me driving when seeing them... well, there is a first time for everything.

In Mongu I will visit a project that the BMI is co-funding. I am not prepared at all, was with a cold in the bed the last days. Will go to my office now (Sunday!) and get at least the project folder... so much about careful development work.

dont know yet when I will be back in Lusaka. Probably end of the week. Maybe I can take 1-2 days off and enjoy being in Africa.

so much for the moment, hope you are fine.
mir

1 comment:

la fée verte said...

Wow, I can see why you're living down there - I would looooove to drive through a natural reserve on my way to work every now and then, to see elephants and other cool animals. I would probably be more scared of cat animals than elephants, as although I know that the latter are at least as dangerous I just feel more safe with them... Although the worst for me would of course be to get a big spider in the car - then I would probably drive off the road ;)

Enjoy Africa!!! And yes, Zambia is in the plan for my world travel as long as I manage to get enough money together... If not, then I will go there at another time for sure! lol

Website counter