09 June 2009

greetings from Mongu

Hi you!

I am sitting under a Mango tree. My temporary office while I am here. It is freezing. Right now, the sun finaly comes out, I hope not just for a few seconds. It was raining this morning. Lovely sound on the roof of my shelter and a good justification to stay in bed... but rain in June???? Global warming / warning!?

Anyway, I am happy that I arrived in Mongu. 620km is quite a long trip. I flew with my car over the streets (140km/h) hoping that I will not end up in a pothole... It was great. Actually a "healing" trip. Feel lots better! Still a flue, but well, thats ok.

Saw lots of animals on the way. Elefants, Zebras, warthoks, birds, all kind of antilops, hippo,... and the landscape now is just beautiful. the grass is dry, higher than my car and everything looks like Africa :) I love those "Savana" landscapes. Its still sometimes an unreal feeling that I am realy here, in Africa. Makes me always happy to realize that I am in Africa...

Love my job when I am driving through Zambia! What a freedom, what a lucky girl I am.

Nevertheless, I was happy to arrive in the evening, before sunset in Mongu. Found the "Liloyelo place" with help of Michael quite quickly. Just a 14km outside of Mongu. Beautiful red sunset over the valley of the river. wow. Hope to have some time this evening to enjoy it fully (while driving it is a little bit dangerous...) Sand everywhere. I am surprised again, like in 2008, when I came for the Kuomboca ceremony. How comes that this place is soooo sandy? Is the sea just around the corner? No, its just the river. Surprising.

Today relax day, only plan: meeting the project beneficiaries at 16h. Tomorrow more official work.

so enough of happiness from below a Mango tree. Cool wind and the sun is still out. Freezing Mongu! Lots of love

Hey, I want more sun!

hugs
Mir

No comments:

Website counter