24 June 2009

various

hi,

I am sitting on my bed, under the blue mosquito net. Behind the screen of my laptop sleeps Punky the Cat. Uncle Duma and Lucky finally have stoped talking, and are sleeping now deeply like Precious who did not even wake up when power came back and we had suddendly light everywhere in the house.

Power in our part of the town goes and doesnt come back these days. Have been cooking on the baola (small grill). Onions, minced meat, green beans,... and rice (from Mongu!) Was eatable. Duma knew that I am not going to cook Nshima, and had some chicken on the way. Lucky ate for 3, so it can be too bad my "Pillaw".

Sitting in the living room after dinner without TV but with candle little. Kids started to tell stories. One goes like this: long long time ago an old man lived with lots of animals in a forest. He had a daughter. One day he said: the one who can drink this boiling water will marry my daughter. The lion tried, but it was too hot. The monkey tried but it was too hot. The (now you can continue by yourself, until you cant remember any animal name)...
In the end the rabbit tried. He asked if he could take the water of the fire and show first to his family how hot the water is. The man aggred. By the time the rabbit had shown the water to all his family members (rabbit!) the water was cold...

Was invited for dinner together with Stefan, his sister and Rahel to Raj's farm last night. We had great indian chicken, salads and potatos. I also watched the news. Weather in Switzerland: 22 Celcius. Summer! Weather in Zambia: 24 Celcius. Winter! What?
Actually it is too hot, all mosquitos should be dead (too cold), instead our winter is more or less like summer in switzerland. Nice, sunny, and a little bit fresh in the evening... I know I know, you dont like to hear too much how nice it is hear (in Africa!?). But the weather map was still funny. Checked out also Google Earths, and could find the fields (huge!!! just 1000 hectars, just 300 workers,...) of Raj's farm, was again impressed by the vic falls and climed virtually on the Kilimanjaro. Had a short flight to Hong Kong and New York and than though about having a look at la rue des grottes, but than found it strange as I am not living there any more. Well, I miss Geneva's offer of cultural events and possibilies... and of course even more the friends I would meet when going out....

Well, I am starting to plan my time in Switzerland. All country coordinators are meeting once a year with the boss and others in Switzerland. I will use the occasion of a paid ticket to pass by in Geneva, Biel and Zürich. Just a little bit scared of all the lunchs, dinners, teas,... please be not disappointed if I dont manage to see each of you... its just not possible within the short time that I will have beside the workshop. And hey, if you really absolutly need to see me, we can have lunch, tea, dinner, dancing, ice cream, movie,.... also in Lusaka... you know where to find me!

What else, I am tired. Spend again too much time in my car on the road. Why did I drow away all my old tapes before coming to Zambia? Why did I take only some of my CDs instead? My car has no CD player, and there is a problem with the radio... so I have to learn to sing or have to buy some tapes for the coming km...

On Monday I drove to Kabwe, where I finanlised together with the team of the hospice the request for a volunteer. than I drove to Mpima, where I enjoyed a nice dinner. Thanks Rahel! Tuesday morning back on the road. Mishikishi a mission inbetween Ndola and Kabiri. Just a 2hour drive. Arrived to early (I m still swiss), but Fr Eddie had nothing else to do. We had tea with two sisters (one from Spain, one from Venezuela), a funny mix of Bemba (I dont understand), Spanish (Fr E doesnt understand), English (one of the sisters does not understand) and hands&feeds. One of the sisters wants absolutly that I join them. Well instead we visited the farm and discussed the details for sending two volunteers to Mishikishi. Lunch we had at the game lodge, 9km off the road from Mishikishi. View on the lake, curry lamb,... not a bad place for a project :)

After lunch back direction of Mpima, stop at Raj's farm a view km before Mpima. Dinner (as mentionned earlier) and than back to Mpima. Today handover meeting with some priests of the seminary in Mpima. The project (farm) in Mpima is ending in September. Was happy that the meeting when without conflicts (all of them a little bit emotional, things did not only go well... working together is not always easy). done!

After lunch (pumkin soup!!! Miam!!!) back to Lusaka. 2 hours drive. I am tired :) No power at home, lots of mosquitos, but great to be in my own bed. Tomorow 2 meetings, not so much for friday, looks like I am going to survive the week... weekend, hm, no driving please!

my connections seems bad, the "check spelling" button does not work. Well in that case I publish the post as always, without reading through, with lots of mistakes, but hey, who cares?!?! you!?! well feel free to correct it for me, I am too tired, and just happy that I managed to write something... you cant understand!? sorry!

Cat wants some attention, such a sweet little thing! Oh, forgot, we went to see the VET last week, because Punky was very strange. Hiding under the bed, scared of each noise, scared of Lucky and me (!!!) and had some pain when you touched the back. VET could only exclude that the cat had an accident on the road. Something heavy must have fallen on the cat or somebody was beating it. Hm, only our maid can tell, but she says nothing happens... told her to stay at home for 2 days (she gets paid anyway) to give the cat a break. I am starting to mistrusting people, thats not good! well, spend lots of time at home last weekend, cooking on the fire (no power), thinking about how long the meat in the deep freezer will be still ok.

On saturday I went with the Kids to a place called Paray's farm. A game farm. Matutu was in Livingstone (for work). Paray's farm has lots of Zebras, Buffelos and various Antilops. I hope I will have time next week to upload some of the pictures. I love the Zebras

big hug, good nigth, gonani bwino (sleep well)
Mir

No comments:

Website counter