Ngwerere, thats the name of the area where I am right now, and where our new house is. Yes, we have shifted! No more town pollution, noise, neigbours,... if I look out of the window, brown and green coulours. Some birds singing, and from time to time the kids, who have started to do some gardening. Flowers and beens, thats all we have as seeds for the moment. Well we shifted yesterday, some of our stuff is still in boxes. The kitchen is not done yet, the contractor promissed to come this morning. looks like it will be done tomorrow... well, its ok.
I have internet here and my peace to work.
The main Post office of Lusaka is 12km from here. Isn't that much, but the last 5km are "mudroad". If you want to come and visit us, take Great North Road. Shortly after the police check point there is a sign for Kalimba Farm. That's the "mud road" to take. Drive another 3km and than give as a call, because you might not find us otherwise. We are somewhere on the right side, between some farms. Oh, on the next plot is also a bakery. Fresh bread in the morning!
Oh, and another good news, we found a school, a good and nottooexpensive school! SOS Kinderdorf (children village). And oh, thanks god, they have accepted the two, they had space, and I am just happy about how things all of a sudden work out and get right.
We do not intend to stay here in this house forever. Just "temporary" accomodation, not far away from the plot that we are about to buy. I am busy drawing plans for a house in my free time and thinking about what kind of trees we will plant around the house. The plot is just 200m x 90m...
Well, for those who still do not believe that I / we do NOT intent to move (back) to beautiful and rich Switzerland... you have to start thinking about the possibilities in a "developing country"!!!
For the moment, the house is a little bit small for lots of guests, just lots of space for camping... but I keep you posted. We will see how far we are in one year from now. Enough news for today.
Thanks for your support (even for the one you are not aware of)
Big hug and lots of love
Mir
PS: the only one not so happy about the change yet: the cat... hiding under beds and sofas...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey you moved!! Without telling me first... hmmm ;))
Sounds like the new place is very nice and the school sounds great! Happy to hear that everything is turning out well in your life :D
As for the space for guests, I just hope there will be some space for me to rest my head on when I come to visit - but then again, you have almost 2 years to make sure of that ;)
Missing you as always and happy reading you again!
Mum is coming to visit for the weekend, Nuno is in China for 2 weeks, and today the sun is shining although they are promising rain for tomorrow - but now, tomorrow is another day.
love
Post a Comment