28 October 2007

pictures - all mixed up

During the workshop with our Regional Director (as said earlier, I just split in two during that week) the full team was for once sitting around a tablev(incl. the guys from the North). May I introduce to you the people I am working with?

From left to right:
Jeff, Project Coordinator, Lusaka team
Doreen, Project Assitant, Lusaka team and at the moment my flatmate
Anna, Project Coordinator, Kawambwa team
Kenny, Project Supervisor, Kawambwa team
Maria, Communication Coordinator, Country Office
Wajenda, Project Assistant, Kawambwa team
Mara, Project Supervisor, Lusaka
Gilbert, Finance and Administration, Country Office

Missing:
Joe, Country Manager
Victor: Project Manager
Moses, Driver, Lusaka
Chirambo, Driver, Kawambwa
Haus-handyman, Chris, Lusaka

This weekend
After 12 hours in the bus, I was completely tired. The bus ride was mixture of sleeping (we left at 4am in the morning, reading in the book "28", looking outside, looking around inside the bus (seats blue, curtins blue and outside everything green), writting, drinking some water, eating a snack, sleeping and hoping that there is a bathroom when the bus stops the next time (I don't really feel comfortable with 60 others going into the bush)
Arrived at the bus station around 5pm and was asked at least 20 times if I need a taxi. One of the taxi drivers even wanted to marry me. As I told him that it needs two for a wedding, he told me that I have touched his heart. (hm, what?) I was soooooo happy that Doreen came to pick me up.
Doreen is the second from the left. To her right one of her cousins and in red, Lilian, her favorite sister. Sorry forgot the name of the girl in blue. As I was sooooooooo tired after the long bus ride, I went out with them. Hey, it was Friday! We went first to a bar where the "doctors" hang out, as it is just behind the hospital. Nice summer evening, full moon and Friday. Later on we went to a place called "Mike's car wash". Looks very different from the "car wash" I know in Zurich (Sev, tu te souviens de la soiree apres 10 jours de folies a Zurich? ) As Mike's car wash was not very busy, we went a place I have been before (and I still cant remember the name). Lots of dancing! Great. The guys that came with us (we met them at the Hospital place) where a little bit "heavy", but I just enjoyed dancing until my whole body told me that it was time to get some sleep (well normal after 24 hours travelling and dancing). Managed quiet well to bring Doreen and the car home. On the left side of the street of course!


Saturday, Doreen and I went to different shops to get quotations for stuff we need for the new house. Fridge, stove, table,... I was driving again. We went as well to see her burned down house. She wanted to get some "nice" pictures.



Jump back in time. Pictures from last week.

Sunset in Serenje.








Street I used to take to walk "home" to the guesthouse








My beloved guesthouse. One of the windows of my room was into the "garage" you can see on the picture.







The RTP office in Kawambwa (the small one is a storage room and the security guards use it as well.







Back in Lusaka:
Farewell pictures from the old house. Living room and house (view from garden)



No comments:

Website counter