Knock knock. did I hear something. did I dream? its 6.10am!? hm, can't be.
Knock knock. hm, ok, where are my trousers. who is that, oh that's me in the mirror. ups. ok now I am ready. wonder whats wrong.
Outside was the security guard. I asked him polity after a "good morning" what's the reason for his coming. "Oh, I just wanted to come and to greet you!" WHAT???? yep, I think he was bored and thought that I could entertain him with a little morning conversation. hello!?!?!? I did not make any comment, just closed the door and went back to my bed. What a great first morning in the new house...
Mara had told me that she will come at 7am to prepare rest for the workshop. So I go to the office at 7am to help her. She arrives at 7.30 and I am the first one in the office. Maria comes at the same time as Mara. First thing she does, goes to the bathroom and takes a shower. hm?!?!?!? of course she has not contacted as agreed before I left to Kawambwa, an organisation we would like to cooperate. grrrr.
We need to leave to Kamanga where the workshop takes place. But, hey, there is still no driver. I get slowly angry and decide to drive myself. Just before I tell Gilbert, that I will get things for the house tomorrow (Tuesday) and that I would prefer to spend the money for a fridge and a stove instead of stuff for the living room. I can live without sofa, but it would be nice to have a kitchen were I can cook something. seems fine with him. I hand him as well my passport, because I still have no working permit (and I am working since 2 months) and my temporary visa is running out on Saturday. hm...
I get Mara in the car and want to start when Joe comes and tells me that Gilbert will drive us. Fine with me, if we can leave NOW, because we are already late. We arrive late, but the participants are as well late, so its not really a problem. The car drops us and does not come back. Mara needs to pick up at lunch one of the facilitators in Chikumbi. 11am and still no car. We start calling the office. The car is not there. Joe took it. Joe's phone is off. 12.00 Joe's phone is working again. oh, he went with the car to do some stuff (have not ask him why he did not take his car, but plan to do it tomorrow).
13.oo Mara leaves for Chikumbi
Things at the workshop went fine. Just participants really would like to have the game manuals. Because of budget reasons (or I don't know what reason) we have only 10 and not 20. Frustration on all sides
After wrapping up with delay and after feedback from my side to the facilitators, we leave for Chikumbi to bring Catherine back at 18hours. A little bit more than 1 hour to Chikumbi and a little bit more than an hour back to Lusaka. Its getting dark. The road to Chikumbi is not smooth at all... and I am not tired at all. At least I have some nice conversation with Catherine and know now a little bit more about her and her life. Parents had no money to send her to college so she worked like them on the farm. By coincident she replaced the teacher (paid by farm) for 3 months and did a good job. Since she is a teacher. She has no diploma or something similar. She loves the workshops organised by RTP she attended. Co-participants have told her that our workshops cover similar methods than at the teacher collage. Now she is a teacher with experience (7 years) and in addition she is on the way to get certified as a Coach Trainer by RTP. We stop quickly at the market. She buys some bread for her son. She does that every time she comes to Lusaka, she tells me. He loves bread. No bread in Chikumbi.
On the way back to Lusaka the driver (where does he come from??? why was it not possible to have a driver already in the morning???) and I listen to a CD we found in the car. Music from South Africa and Zimbabwe. Beside the bad "road" and some bush vegetation we do not see anything. Once back on the big road to Lusaka, trucks and plenty of people. I enjoy watching the night live and the air that is fresh at nights. Driver mentions something about having transported some sofas in the afternoon. I get worried.
In front of my house (I had the keys) stand to beds (who bought them). In the office stands a table and some ugly sofas. I call Doreen. Need to understand why they bought stuff without asking me. The table and sofas are not for me. They are the old once from Victor, who took the "shopping occasion" to get some new stuff at the same time as "me". Doreen tells me that "my" sofa must stand on my veranda. I am so tired that I start crying.
A little bit later I discover "my" new furniture. Beds are ok, but the sofas are a catastrophe. Haven't seen anything as ugly in the shops here so far. In addition they must be quiet expensive. I even prefer the ugly old once that are standing right now in the office. I decide that I am not going to have those catastrophic green things in MY house. hey, I have to look at them for nearly a year. I send an angry sms to Gilbert, who calls me and tries to explain (I don't get it!) Joe has decided that things have to be bought today. WHY??? Well, I will ask him tomorrow. one things is clear. I am not going to put those ugly things in MY living room. I prefer buying something cheaper and nicer from my own money! not my problem to find out what they are going to do with the catastrophe.
so, here we go, my first post on this blog where I van unfiltered. Sorry. Skip it. Tomorrow things look better. Right now I am just tired and angry. Will make myself another bread with peanut butter, have nothing else and would be not able to cook anyway, because there is no stove. No shower, because I have no hot water...
Tomorrow early in the morning I will bring some stuff to Kamanga for the workshop (shall I steal some game manuals and just bring them as well???) and than I will go and speak with Joe about today. In the afternoon we have a management meeting. if there is time left some when during the day I have to: get a stove, fridge,..., write a monthly report, fill out the evaluation templates of today's observed sessions, get reimbursed for several things, and and and... so busy day and high time that I sleep. No I am not going to sleep in the new bed. its still standing outside the house. Too heavy, I cant carry it on my own. How practical!
:)
big hug
mirr
Ps: just now a nice fat cockroach walks through the door of my room, crosses the room in the direction of the mattress. hm, nice, I am not going to sleep alone.
29 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment