26 November 2009

back from the bush

hi, I am back from Mpanshya, where I spent 3 days. Visited the 3 projects there (hospital, Home Base Care, carpentry), talked to the new priest (representing the partner organisation of 2 of the projects) and talked a lot with the volunteers. Some priests/religious here in Zambia are doing great work. Others, especially some of the missionaries, oh, I wish I could send them back from wherever they came from!

Nicest moments: lunch on Tuesday: Roger cooked, nice BBQ! and Wednesday evening. 6 of us played a game and we laughed all through out the evening. Great way to forget work and enjoy an evening with some nice people in the bush.

But what I really wanted to write about, is my drive back to Lusaka. Mpanshya is ca. 2 hours (160km) from Lusaka. The road is ok, no potholes! and it goes through some hills, lots of trees and always bush. Little "civilisation", meaning just a few huts and rarely a village. Only "town" on the way, 30minutes before Lusaka, Chongwe. It was very sunny, nearly hot, the sky beautiful blue with some white clouds from time to time. The road is most of time straith and goes up and down. When it goes up you have the feeling to drive directly into the sky...

Oh beautiful Zambia, I hope I can drive one day with you through it and show Zambia to you!

Big hug

No comments:

Website counter