24 March 2010

update in a lunch break

I am sitting in my office, still chaotic, didnt have time yet to make order and to put all the (1000) books in the bookselves. From the mosque I hear the prayer, reminds me strongly Azerbaijan, and little the christian Zambia. I enjoy those prayers. I know they should not be beautiful ("only God is beautiful"), but they are to me.

Little bit tired, I try today to do at least some of the things that have pilled up on my desk in the last week. There was no time at all, not for anything, as we moved out of the BMI house and as I went to Ndola (4h drive) to welcome 2 new volunteers. Sweet elderly couple, with lots of experience. They are going to support the Mishikishi Mission, with building up the farm and training youths from the small scale farms around. Well, the project still needs to be clarified with the (new) Bishop Banda. Maybe we manage to have a meeting with him next week.

I spend 3 nights in Mishikishi, we did a lot of shopping. lots of kitchen and household stuff. Next week I will drive back, together with Beatrice who arrives on Tuesday to visit all the projects. I hope the 2 will survive the week ;)

On Monday AC will arrive!!! my dear longtime geneva flatmate. Two visitors at the same time, one privat, one workrelated. Will see how that goes together!

M just passed by, got my pick-up as he needs to transport firewood and drinks. An oncle died yesterday. M spend the night at the funeral house. I am relived that nobody expects me to do the same. Was sooooo tired when I came home yesterday. Luckily the kids saw it and took over the cooking. Pasta with minced meat sauce. Very sweet. I could read, lie on the bed until the table was set and dinner was ready. Wow!

This afternoon I have a meeting with Cecilia, my assistant. She is a few more weeks pregnant than me, and we have organise the months were we are both absent...

What else, hm, work work work... looks like my lunch break is over

big hug and lots of love

No comments:

Website counter